The objective in performing an aesthetic dental treatment is to improve a patient’s smile and, therefore, the overall appearance of the face. These types of treatments are great for those who need to improve their smile due to trauma or cosmetic reasons. However, dentists perform aesthetic work a lot due to poor hygiene. After receiving veneers, it is vital that oral hygiene is near impeccable.
There are several advantages of using porcelain Veneers in Weston, CT:
* Porcelain veneers can change the shape of teeth, color and even place.
* They may be installed (however, in cases of crowding teeth, defects in the relationship of the dental arches or in complicated cases of bruxism, treatment may have to be discarded). The patient should opt for another possibility, provided with relevant advice from the dentist.
* This is a relatively minimally invasive treatment. Thin sheets are being adhered to the tooth enamel, so it is not necessary to modify the original form excessively by reshaping the patient’s tooth. They fit perfectly and they last for years. It will not require major alterations of tissue like other procedures.
* Unlike composite veneers, porcelain veneers are long lasting pieces. This does not mean that these types of veneers will see no wear (every element is subject to some wear, even your own teeth logically sees wear). Porcelain veneers could even be broken, but it is unusual to happen shortly after, as can happen with other treatments. Porcelain veneers remain long-lasting in color and brightness, exactly how they looked when placed. This appearance stays the same if hygiene is kept up.
* Once the veneer is cemented, the patient can eat and speak normally, so the adaptation process after treatment is minimal.
* Unlike your own teeth, they do not retain plaque, which helps maintain optimal dental health. This, of course, is provided that the patient follows the advice and instructions of the dentist concerning dental hygiene.
* There is usually no rejection by the patient, so placement is indicated in all types of mouths.
If you are interested in learning more about Veneers in Weston, CT, you should contact your local dentist and schedule a consult. They will be able to steer you in the right direction about which procedure is right for you.
Be the first to like.