Going to the family doctor for a checkup should be a pleasant experience. To make the most of your time, it help to be prepared. There are a few things you can do to get ready for your visit with the doctor whether you are going for yourself or your child.
* Bring a list of questions. Most adults only see their doctor once a year. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or ongoing medical conditions, your annual checkup appointment is the best time to ask them. By writing them down, you can ensure you don’t miss anything important. Don’t bring too many questions, though. Your
* Family Doctor in Andover Kansas
* may only have time for a few.
* Take notes when the doctor or nurse gives you information. Whether you record their direction on your smartphone or a piece of paper, it is important to have the notes available to you after you leave the office. If a family member helps you with your medical care or treatment at home, share your notes with them.
* When you take your children in for their annual checkup, bring along something to keep them occupied in the waiting room. Small quiet toys or books work best when you take your children to the Family Doctor in Andover Kansas. Remember that there may be ill children in the waiting room as well and loud noises or overactive children may make them feel worse.
If you have concerns that may require more of your doctor’s time, be sure to tell the office staff when you schedule your appointment. The additional time will give your doctor an opportunity to address your medical issues without having to rush to the next patient. While your doctor is there to address your health care needs, it helps to stay focused on your current symptoms. A large medical practice such as Wichita Family Medicine Specialists may be able to diagnose and treat many conditions in one location but your care should begin with your family doctor. Family doctors are in the best position to refer patients to specialists for treatment of serious health problems.
Be the first to like.