According to Wikipedia, there are eight different types of admixtures that can be added to concrete to infuse a desired quality in the concrete. However, none of these can resist the wear and tear that is a given in industrial situations. This is where Industrial floor coating products features.
Why Use Industrial Floor Coating?
Industrial premises are places of production and processing, where harsh conditions are a norm. While machinery may be built to withstand these extreme conditions, floors may not have that kind of protection. With industrial floor coating, these are the benefits obtained:
- Resistant to heavy weights and vibrations: All industrial units, be it manufacturing or processing industry, require machinery to work for long time periods. Such equipment not only put enormous pressure on the floor, but also creates vibrations that loosen the gravel and concrete bond. With the industrial floor coating, the floor surface becomes smoother facilitating easier and faster movement of goods without much effort.
- Movement of vehicles: Differnet areas of industrial units are prone to different kinds of damages. For instance, loading bays, stocking areas and docks have moving vehicles with large quantities of manufactured items that add to the vehicle weight. This pressure, along with movement, results in loosened gravbel and a brittle floor. However, with the right solution, the surface elongates and contracts continuously, thus protecting the floor.
- Regular washing and cleaning: The two main elements that aid corrosion are water and metal. Once corrosion or oxidation process sets in, it will be hard to contain. It not only damages machines, but also passes oxidants into the floor making it prone to seepage and dampness. With waterproof industrial floor coating, you can stop seepage and reduce damage to industrial floors.
- Chemical spillage: Industrial battery charging areas and picking and plating stations are especially prone to this damage. When the chemicals spill or leak on the floors, or when precipitation of chemical vapors fall on the floor, it becomes prone to chemical damage. With industrial floor coating, a protective layer is formed over the existing surface making it immune to chemical damages.
- Electrical transmission and resistance: The use of heavy electrical equipment and high voltage carrying wires on the floor gradually increase the floor temperature and ionize it. Using an Industrial floor coating with rubber-based components not only helps reduce shocks, but also saves machines from short circuits or power surges.
According to experts, factory and industrial floors coated with modern products are able to withstand pressure, water, electricity and chemicals well.
Be the first to like.