Pests are an annoying problem for households that can lead to health problems and in some cases even structural damage. It is important deal with pest problems as soon as they appear to prevent them from escalating. The following are five helpful tips for effective Pest Control in St. Petersburg, FL.
1. Keep Floors Clean – An effective way to keep pests out of your home is to keep the floors meticulously clean. Pests such as ants and roaches are attracted to food crumbs and sugary drink spills on floors and carpets. Once they identify a food source these pests leave trails behind that signal others to join in the search. By mopping, sweeping and vacuuming your floors regularly, you remove the source of the attraction, controlling pests effectively.
2. Take Out the Trash Frequently – The food remnants they contain make garbage a leading source of pest problems. An effective method of pest control is as simple as removing garbage from your home each night and making sure to clean the receptacle regularly.
3. Groom and Treat Pets – Pet fur is often a breeding ground for pests such as fleas and ticks that get into carpets, bedding, other furniture and clothing where they multiply rapidly and lead to many problems. It is important to regularly groom and treat the fur of household pets either at home or professionally for optimal pest control.
4. Seal Windows and Doors – Unsealed windows and doors offer an easy pathway for pests to enter your home. Close off microscopic paths by using caulking to seal all the windows and doors of your home properly. Use screens on windows and doors to keep pests out while letting fresh air in.
5. Use Proper Food Storage Methods – Using proper food storage methods helps to keep your house pest free by removing the source of the problem. Storing food in airtight containers and keeping ripened fruit in the refrigerator helps to mitigate pest problems.
Use these five simple but effective tips for Pest Control in St. Petersburg, FL. Prevent pests from overrunning your home and affecting the health and safety of your family by utilizing professional Pest Control services in St. Petersburg, FL. Contact SEC Pest Control today for a complete assessment and treatment of your pest issues, backed by a customer satisfaction guarantee on all services performed.