Porcelain veneers are used as a solution to rebuild damaged teeth, either because of color issues or misshapen or broken teeth. Given that the face is usually the first thing you see when engaging in a conversation, this type of treatment is booming in the dental sector. It allows the patient to overcome the insecurity that may have accompanied them with their old smile. In simple terminology, porcelain veneers are thin sheets that cover the entire front of a tooth, sticking to it using a very special type of cemented resin (naturally and not visible externally). For more information contact Business Name today.
Advantages and disadvantages
The objective of having veneers in Tuscaloosa placed is to improve the patient’s smile and, therefore, improve the overall appearance as well. Here are several advantages of using porcelain veneers:
- They can change the shape, color and even place of teeth.
- This is a relatively minimally invasive treatment. They fit perfectly and will not require major alterations of the alveolar tissue.
- Unlike composite veneers, porcelain veneers last a long time. This does not mean they are invincible (every element is subject to some wear; logically your own teeth is as well). There is even a chance the veneer can break, but it is unusual to happen shortly after being placed.
- Once the veneer is cemented, the patient can eat and speak normally.
- Unlike your own teeth, veneers do not retain plaque, which helps maintain optimal dental health.
- There is usually no rejection by the patient, so placement is indicated in all types of mouths.
Obviously there are some drawbacks that must be taken into account when deciding on a treatment like this:
- While this is not a very invasive treatment, keep in mind that veneers are made to perfectly fit each tooth of a patient. This means that there is usually a high cost behind treatment.
- After placement, removal isn’t easy.
- Unlike other cosmetic dental treatments, placement of veneers in Tuscaloosa requires at least two visits to the dentist.
Unlike what happens with other treatments, the choice of the color and shape will be different with each case. A porcelain veneers treatment is an extremely important one, especially considering that you will invest a large amount of money and time into it. For more information, browse website.