Menu

If You Have Mold in the Basement, Removal Needs to Be Done Now

One of the most common areas of the home to find mold is in the basement. The requirements for this substance to grow are dark, moist areas, which describe many basements in any size home. The basement is often used as a storage area or simply an area to house pipes and utilities. All these factors contribute to making a breeding ground for this toxic substance. If you have mold in the basement, removal is immediately necessary.

Things to Look for

There are a few signs to look for to determine if you have mold growth in the basement. Some signs are obvious, such as leaking pipes or a flooded basement, while others are not, such as allergies or irritating physical symptoms that are not immediately tied into the fact mold could be present. In addition to these signs, you should also take notice of any musty smells and signs of water damage that begin to affect other areas of the house, such as dark spots in the carpet or walls. If any of these signs are present, it is time to get a professional mold inspection completed.

Beyond the Standard Inspection

While you might think you can inspect your own home for mold in the basement, chances are you won’t find it all. The professionals have specific techniques they use, including special tools that are able to locate mold in areas that are not so obvious, such as air ducts or in other dark areas that cannot be seen by the naked, untrained eye.

Removal

Once you have determined that you have mold in the basement mold removal New Jersey becomes necessary. It has been known to spread quickly, which means the faster you take care of it, the less damage will occur. The professional you hire to help remove the substance will also give you tips on how to prevent it from recurring if it happened for reasons that are not as obvious as a leaking pipe or accidental flood.

If you have mold in the basement, removal should be done as soon as possible. Since it is not possible to simply scrub it with a household solution and assume it is taken care of, you should contact a professional remediation company right away. They will inspect your property, taking any necessary samples and tests and then recommend the method for removal and prevention that will work for your home.

Be the first to like.

Be Sociable, Share!