Metal braces have been the most common orthodontic method of correcting misaligned teeth and jaw problems. While they are still used when necessary, people who are good candidates for invisible aligners, called Invisalign, may prefer this less obvious solution for alignment correction. Invisalign in Arlington comes with many benefits that you cannot enjoy if you wear metal braces. These benefits will be covered in the following information.
* Shorter correction time – It is common for metal braces to take between one and four years to correct jaw or tooth misalignment issues. When you are a good candidate, the Invisalign aligner system works for most people within six to 15 months.
* No mouth irritation – Metal braces are known for causing some level of mouth irritation and soreness, especially within the first few weeks after they are placed. Some mouth irritation may occur after the brackets and wires are changed and tightened. Invisible aligners are smooth, made from flexible polyurethane plastic that will not irritate your mouth. They are comfortable to wear compared to metal braces.
* Discreet presentation – Unless you tell people you are wearing Invisalign in Arlington, they are not likely to notice. They are almost invisible unless you are up close and personal with someone.
* No dietary restrictions – Metal braces come with dietary restrictions, which means you have to avoid certain foods like apples and certain crunchy or sticky foods. Soda and sweet beverage are also something not compatible with metal braces. Invisalign comes with no dietary restrictions. You can remove your aligners, eat what you want and replace them. As long as you wear them for the allotted time during the day, you can take them out for eating and other activities.
* Oral hygiene – Regular braces make oral hygiene problematic for most people. Brushing and flossing are challenging tasks with metal braces. However, the invisible aligners can be removed for optimal oral hygiene.
Invisalign invisible braces are custom fitted for each person. Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks and switched out with a new custom fitted set as your teeth become properly aligned. The dental visits are shorter and you get the results you want in a shorter amount of time. If you are interested in finding out if you are a good candidate for invisible braces, learn more about them at ProfessionalSmiles.com.