If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, it is important to contact a Criminal Lawyer in Nassau County, NY as soon as possible. When you are convicted of a serious crime, the sentencing is often strict and may include a large fine, imprisonment, probation or parole or a combination of all these. Contacting an attorney, such as Gregory R. LaMarca will be beneficial for you throughout the process of court hearings as well as if you are convicted. A criminal attorney is aware of the laws pertaining to your particular case, which is essential when you are facing a conviction. The following charges are the most common types of criminal offenses that you should have legal representation for. If you are charged with a driving offense such driving under the influence, fleeing from the police and reckless and dangerous driving, it is important to contact a Criminal Lawyer in Nassau County, NY as soon as possible. Other charges that typically require attorney representation may include:
* A crime of dishonest, such as possession of stolen property, fraud, theft or forgery
* A weapons charge, such as improper handling of a firearm, carrying a concealed weapon or unauthorized possession of a firearm
* A charge that involved violence or a threat of violence, such as threatening to cause death or harm to another person, assault or resisting arrest
* Drug charges that may include possession of an illegal drug, drug trafficking or production of an illegal substance
* Crime that involves sexual immorality, such as public exposure, rape or solicitation
It is very important that you contact a criminal attorney as soon as possible after you have been arrested and/or charged. The attorney will be able to begin working on your case shortly after you make contact, which is very important. The attorney will study your case, gather the evidence, build a defense and defend you throughout the hearings and/or trials. The attorney will also be able to offer advice on how you should proceed with your case as well as stand by your side throughout the entire process to ensure you receive fair treatment and if you are sentenced, may be able to request a reduced sentence.
Be the first to like.