If you have a new house, chances are it has an HVAC system. If you are thinking of retrofitting your home in Arizona, adding an HVAC system is an excellent way to improve the quality of life within your home. A home with HVAC in Prescott can also increase the potential resale value on the market. Yet, before you do add the system, make sure you explore the different types of HVAC systems. Research them and understand exactly what makes up the system. A good way to begin is to understand what HVAC actually means.
Although a single acronym, HVAC is not a single component. It is a system comprised of different units. The term stands specifically for specific parts of an overall system. These are:
- H is for the heating system – a furnace or boiler, for example
- V is for ventilation or a ventilating system – it exchanges the indoor stale air for fresh air
- AC is for air conditioning – it is a means through which the air in your home or apartment is cooled
Overall, HVAC is a means through which the basic heating and cooling needs of a home or business and its occupants are met. To achieve this requires several interacting components.
Common HVAC Components
An HVAC system consists of many interdependent and separate parts. Many components make up an HVAC system. Several of the more common ones are:
- Thermostat: This is the means through which a specific temperature is recognized and a temperature sensitive switch thrown to shut the system on or off.
- Furnace: The furnace supplies heat through the building. It can be of many different brands relying on fuels such as gas, oil or electricity to power it.
- Ducts: This is the transportation route followed by the warm and/or cool air. It sends it to the various parts of your home or business.
- Air Conditioner:By pumping a chemical refrigerant through metal coils, the AC cools your home.
- Ventilation System: Part of the HVAC system, the ventilation exchanges fresh and stale air regularly to keep the air fresh and free from odors. It may be a fan in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Condensing Unit: Outside of the building – home or business in Prescott, will sit the condensing unit. It contains a compressor as well as other equipment to take the refrigerant gas and compress it.
If you are thinking of incorporating an HVAC system into your plans to remodel or renovate, make sure you understand what the system consists of and exactly what it does. This will make you an informed consumer. It will help you make the right decision when it comes to hiring a company that is an Advantage Home Performance expert in HVAC in Prescott. This will reduce the chances of you not obtaining the HVAC system you want and the advantages you perceive as the result of such an installation.