When it comes to the law, certain things are criminal in Ohio. This is one reason why you might need to hire law firms in Cincinnati Ohio. It does not matter what type of business you are involved in, a criminal offense is a criminal offense. Furthermore, as the old saying goes “Ignorance of the law is no excuse.”
What Constitutes a Basic Criminal Offense in Ohio?
Experienced criminal lawyers in Cincinnati know the law. This is their life and livelihood. They can offer you sound advice and counsel on what constitutes a criminal offense under Ohio law. In other words, they and the law firms they represent can provide you with the expertise to deal with any of the following common offenses:
- Traffic violations – These result in the accumulation of demerit points on your license. The result may be loss of your license and/or increase in your insurance rates
- Drug Charges – A charge of possession, use or sale of controlled substances e.g. heroin, marijuana, crack, cocaine, is punishable with severe consequences in Ohio including prison time.
- DUI/OVI — If you are charged with drunk driving, the consequences are severe. The penalties are not restricted to the present but can have fall out for the future. Moreover, if the offense is not your first, the penalties increase in severity. They include jail time as well as extensive fines and the suspension of your license.
- White Collar Crimes – These include embezzlement, fraud, identity theft and insider training. Sometimes these can occur without you realizing you have crossed a line. Nevertheless, if found guilty, you will be harshly punished
Other crimes of a severe nature include:
- Armed robbery
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic violence and/or Sexual assault
Yet, where many individuals tend to falter and fall into a crime concerns the DUI or OVI. This is a region where much depends upon the method, the nature of the offense and its perpetrator and the ability of the representatives of law firms to alleviate the issue and reduce the time for the crime.
The Problems with DUIs
A DUI is never a simple DUI. It is a complex case in which several factors may come into play. Of primary importance is the age of the individual, the number of prior DUI offenses and the situation involving the judicial charge. Alcohol charges are a potential mine-field for a minor’s future. If faced with a situation of this nature, it is always best to talk to a lawyer first. Get in touch with any of the reputable law firms before you commit yourself. This may be your only chance at a successful defense.