No matter how confident you feel in caring for your child’s oral health, there are areas you may be falling short in. Keeping your child’s smile healthy is crucial for not only their baby teeth, but their adult teeth as well. Both the baby and adult teeth sets are given nutrients through the same vessels and tissue structures. When a child begins to experience decay in their teeth, this can lead to adverse health conditions in the adult teeth. This is why it is imperative you provide the best oral health care at home and seek care from Pediatric Dentistry in Phoenixville at least twice a year. Through these tips, you can become a pro at caring for your child’s teeth and gums, so they are not at risk for developing oral health concerns.
Important Information on Caring for Your Child’s Oral Health
* Did you know your child’s oral health care regime should begin before the first tooth is cut? Using a soft cloth, gently wipe your baby’s gums after each feeding. This will keep the gum tissue clean and healthy and will help to encourage tooth growth.
* When your child begins to cut teeth, their first appointment with Pediatric Dentistry in Phoenixville should be scheduled. This typically occurs around the age of one.
* Until the age of five, you will need to brush and floss your child’s teeth for them. As they grow a bit older and are able to demonstrate knowledge of proper hygiene, you can allow them to perform these actions, with your supervision.
* Before the age of five, you should never use a fluoride toothpaste, as your child could swallow the paste.
* A healthy diet is crucial for healthy teeth and gums. Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juices and brush your child’s teeth after meals high in carbs or sugar.
If you follow these tips and have your child treated through pediatric dentistry of Phoenixville twice a year, you can rest assured his or her teeth will stay strong, healthy and beautiful. Call for your child’s preventative care appointment today, so your child’s smile can be promptly cared for.