Are you and your family experiencing domestic problems currently? Are you in a situation where you are facing child support issues? Do you feel that you have reached the limits in your marriage and you are considering a divorce? If so, don’t face these situations alone. Call on the professional advice of an attorney experienced in family law and divorce. Todd J. Zimmer and Associates, located in Commack, New York are experienced in divorce law, child support and family law. They want to alert you to a few things you may want to know before taking this next and final step to end your marriage in the State of New York.
(1) New York is a state that ensures that all marital assets and property will be equally and/or fairly divided between partners, that is what is fair is not always exactly equal, depending upon the situation both parties are in. Debts will also be fairly shared as well as assets.
(2) Custody of the child(ren) is awarded based on what is best for the child(ren) involved; rarely will joint custody be granted in New York.
(3) To get a divorce in the State of New York, both parties must have been a resident of the state for at least a year.
(4) To begin the process of a divorce, having the issuing of summons and official complaint in New York State, the initial fee is $210.
(5) For a divorce to be granted in New York, all issues concerning child support/custody, alimony and spousal support, equitable distribution and parenting plans must be in place.
It is easy to see how complex the divorce process can be. Todd J. Zimmer and Associates are here to assist you in resolving these matters. They were voted the best divorce lawyer on Long Island in 2009 and 2010. Their areas of legal practice are: no-fault divorce, contested and uncontested, family/supreme court, child/spousal support, mediation, domestic violence, same-sex divorce and many other legal areas. Get in touch with Todd J. Zimmer and Associates and let them do all the complicated work for you. Contact them at their website, http://www.toddzimmerlaw.com/ for more information.