When it comes to foam mattresses, there are two major types: Memory Foam and Latex foam. Both have their distinct advantages; both have individuals who prefer one over the other. In the battle between these two foam mattresses, which one is best? As the experts on the types of foam mattress in Hattisburg MS would say: “Look at the information available, consider your preferences and judge for yourself.”
Memory Foam Mattress
Memory foam is a by-product of the NASA race in space program of the 1970s. It only became publicly available in the 1980s and emerged in mattress form in 1991 under the name “Tempur-Pedic.” The product of Fagerdala World Foams, this initially expensive foam mattress began to win over the public. It offered many advantages over the normal innerspring mattresses very popular in North America, particularly in the United States.
Memory Foam, actually a form of polyurethane combined with other chemicals marketed as viscoelastic, has several positive aspects. Memory Foam:
- Conforms or molds to a shape
- Responds to body weight
- Springs back to its original shape when the individual gets out off of the mattress
- Has longevity based on its density/firmness. A firm or more dense Memory foam mattress has greater longevity than one of lesser density/firmness. Each has its own indentation load deflection (ILD) rating with a higher ILD indicating greater firmness
- Is beneficial to those individuals with allergies. They find it effectively eliminates the problems of dust mites
- Minimizes movement on the mattress, therefore making sleeping together more comfortable
- Alleviates joint pain
This is not to say Memory Foam mattresses are prefect. They do have an issue concerning temperature. If you have a Memory foam mattress, Hattisburg MS salespeople indicate, you should be aware of the ability of this foam to warm up the bed. For some, this increase in temperature in the winter may be acceptable. Yet, the same individuals may not enjoy the higher temperatures on a sweltering, sticky summer night.
Latex Foam Mattress
Latex foam mattresses are comprised of rubber. This can be natural in origin or a synthetic material. A salesperson can inform you as to what type of Latex is employed in a specific foam mattress. Comparable to Memory Foam, Latex does provide an increased temperature in summer. Yet, unlike Memory Foam, Latex does not overheat in summer. Other characteristics are similar if not identical. A Latex foam mattress:
- Molds to the shape of the sleeper
- Is allergenic in the case of dust mites and certain bacteria
- Is beneficial for back and joint pain
- Returns to shape when the sleeper leaves the bed
Yet, Latex differs in several ways from Memory Foam. It is
- Biodegradable – if the foam used is natural and not synthetic Lawtex
- Springs more quickly back into shape than Memory Foam
- Has less a chemical smell than Memory Foam
Perhaps one other issue leading to a preference for a Memory Foam mattress over a Latex one, concerns allergies. While both are excellent choices for those with an allergy for dust mites, some individuals may actually be allergic to the Latex comprising the mattress.
If you find yourself looking for a foam mattress in Hattisburg MS, be sure you understand the differences between Latex and Memory Foam before you make a choice. While similar in characteristics, one type may actually be more suitable to your needs. This is particularly true if you are concerned about allergies and mattress response to temperature. Are you uncertain about the suitability of a foam mattress? In Hattisburg MS, our store can help you learn about the different types and models. If you want to learn more about what we have to offer go to http://www.mdserta.com/.
Be the first to like.